Rule #6: Give Love to Get Love
(because if you want people to love you, you have to love them first)
On Valentine’s Day 2014, a group of people are going to get together and meet in downtown Portland to share a little love. They will be buying coffee and handing out gifts to random strangers.
And the only thing they will ask in return: to pass love on to someone else.
Join us in the challenge! Give love unexpectedly today. Think of someone who could really use some love and do a genuine act of love for them.
Here are some ideas:
- Tell someone that they are awesome, or give them a genuine compliment
- Give someone a high five (for no apparent reason)
- Open a door for someone
- Help someone carry something
- Ask someone how their day is going
- Call and thank someone who changed your life (maybe a teacher or neighbor)
- Write someone a handwritten thank you note
- Tell someone the truth
- Call your parents and thank them
And may the love come back to you!